International Hop Growers‘ Convention
2023 Meeting of the Scientific-Technical Commission
25-29 June 2023
City Hotel Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
we have much pleasure in inviting you to attend the next meeting of the Scientific-Technical Commission, to be held from 25-29 June 2023 in the ‘City Hotel Ljubljana’, Ljubljana, Slovenia. The venue offers accommodation, meals, and conference facilities all under the same one roof and is situated within walking distance to the vivid city center of Ljubljana.
Slovenia has a long and eventful history of hop cultivation and is one of the world’s top six hop growing nations. Our local hosts are the Slovenian IHGC fellows from the Slovenian Institute of Hop Research and Brewing in Žalec, with Dr. Andreja Čerenak as head of the organizing committee. We are most grateful to our Slovenian friends to offer us this great opportunity and a wonderful destination for our meeting! Who hasn’t seen Ljubljana yet should take the chance of the STC meeting to visit this charming European capital at long last. And there is nothing like personal networking with international colleagues accompanied by a few beers!
Registration form – new: docx [27 kB]
Venue and accommodation
We have reserved a lot of 50 double rooms in City Hotel Ljubljana for the conference at a special price. Hotel accommodation (incl. breakfast and tax) in a double room, if used by one person, is 120.00 € per night (standard room) and 130.00 € per night (comfort room). The price for a double room, if used by two persons, is 135.00 € per night (standard room) and 145.00 € per night (comfort room). For other options, like a family suite, please contact the City Hotel Ljubljana directly. The booking and payment of your accommodation should be made by each attendee directly.
Preliminary programme outline:
Sunday, 25 June 2023
- Arrival of delegates and check-in
- 16:00–20:00 h: Registration
- 18:00–20:00 h: Ice-breaker
- 20:00 h: Welcome dinner in City Hotel Ljubljana
Monday, 26 June 2023
- 08:00–09:00 h: Registration
- 09:00–16:30 h: Opening ceremony and scientific programme
- 16:30–17:00 h: Administrative meeting of the STC, I.H.G.C.
- 17:30 h: Walking tour to the centre of Ljubljana and ride with the funicular railway to visit Ljubljana Castle with fantastic view of the city; dinner in the old city centre
Tuesday, 27 June 2023
- 09:00–12:30 h: Scientific programme
- 14:00 h: Excursion by coach to the Slovenian hop growing region around Žalec; visit of the Slovenian Institute of Hop Research and Brewing; visit of hop processing company ‘Hmezad Exim’ (brilliant view over Savinja valley from their roof); visit of the famous ‘Beer Fountain’ in Žalec; visit of a hop farm and barbecue event there
- ca 23:00 h: Return to City Hotel Ljubljana
Wednesday, 28 June 2023
- 09:00–16:30 h: Scientific programme
- 16:30–18:00 h: Poster session
- 20:00 h: Official congress dinner in Hotel Slon, Slovenska cesta 34, 1000 Ljubljana
Thursday, 29 June 2023
- Departure of delegates
Deadline for submission of a presentation (a title or the topic is sufficient) is 31 March 2023. All authors of accepted presentations will receive a template, plus additional instructions, for their abstract and paper, which will be published in the Proceedings. The full paper (or, at least, an in-depth abstract) of each presentation for the Proceedings must be submitted until 30 April 2022!
At the meeting please present your paper or poster in English.
Papers should be 15-20 minutes in length (including discussion), depending on the number of submissions. A beamer for Power Point presentations will be available. For posters we are providing the equipment necessary to fix the posters to a pinboard.
For each presentation or poster a manuscript version (presentation max. 4 pages – poster 1 page) for the conference proceedings is mandatory. Detailed information will be provided to presenters with the next announcement or on the website of the STC.