The brewing education program as a preparation for the national professional qualification (NPK) Brewer was created as part of the Lifelong Learning Program (Micro-brewing lifelong learning program – LdV Beer School – Pivovarska šola) project, which was included in the European cooperation transfer program innovations in the field of education and training. With this, brewers have the option to enter the recognition and certification process based on their existing knowledge and competence in the field of brewing, supplemented by education, and thus acquire the national professional qualification brewer. This publicly valid document is an official confirmation of knowledge and skills that they receive as individuals and is valid in all EU countries.
Lifelong learning program – Beer School
The training takes place in eight meetings at the Institute of Hop research and Brewing Slovenia in Žalec. It includes a theoretical and practical part and is in accordance with the approved professional standard for the profession of brewer. The training is intended for all those who want to acquire professional knowledge in the field of brewing and for all those who also want to obtain a national professional qualification brewer but do not yet have all the necessary skills. After completing the training, participants can participate in the procedure for obtaining the national professional qualification brewer and in this way obtain a publicly valid professional qualification document.
Candidates will be able to:
- autonomously plan and organize their own work,
- ensure the quality and efficiency of their own work in the working environment in accordance with standards,
- observe in their work the principles of rational use of energy, material and time,
- perform work in such a way as not to endanger themselves, other people, property or the environment,
- behave responsibly, enterprisingly and ethically,
- communicate with different stakeholders in the work process, using modern information and communication technologies,
- autonomously brew wort,
- autonomously boil wort,
- autonomously ferment and filter beer,
- autonomously bottle and pasteurize beer,
- ensure traceability and keep appropriate (relevant) documentation.
The schedule of the training and application data will be published on the IHPS website.